Calf Stretching Exercises
How to stretch your calf muscles
These specific stretches are designed to stretch your both your calf muscles and Achilles tendon. They are typically used in the initial phase of your treatment. In some instances they will be recommended during the rehabilitation and preventative phases of care. These exercises should only be performed under instruction and supervision by your Chiropractor as part of your management program.
Exercise is an important component of your chiropractic care that aims to restore function to your body, especially your spine. Many scientific studies point to the benefits of exercise for both pain relief and improving health.. Stretches for you calves can help reduce low back and leg pain. When performed properly, targeted exercises help to restore function and strength to an injured or dysfunctional area. This will help you achieve your goals whether in sport, in improving your fitness and health or simply being able to be active with your family.
If any of the exercises described result in pain or discomfort or if you have any doubt, stop immediately and consult with your Chiropractor.
Calf Muscle Stretch Instructions
- Stand facing a wall, place both hands against the wall
- Step one foot back, keeping the leg straight; bend your front knee until you feel a stretch through the back leg
- Hold for 30 seconds
- To stretch the deep calf muscle, slowly bend your back knee until you feel a stretch, making sure not to lift the heel
- Hold for 30 seconds
- Repeat both stretches twice on with each leg
Achilles Tendon Stretch Instructions
- Stand at the edge of a step holding on to a railing for support
- Place your heels off the edge of the step, lift one leg
- Slowly lower your supporting leg down until you feel a stretch through the back of your leg
- Hold for 5 seconds and rise up, repeat the motion 10 times
- Repeat with the other leg.
[imagebutton image="https://www.boovalchiropractic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Link-to-Initial-Consultation-1.jpg" text="YOUR FIRST VISIT" link="http://demo.techniqueinteractive.com.au/boovalchiropractic/first-visit/"]
[imagebutton image=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Link-to-Hamstring-Stretching.jpg” text=”HAMSTRING STRETCHING EXERCISES” link=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/exercises/hamstring-stretching/”]
[imagebutton image=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Link-to-Sciatica.jpg” text=”SCIATICA” link=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/what-we-treat/sciatica/”]
[imagebutton image=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Link-to-Knee-pain.jpg” text=”HIP AND KNEE PAIN” link=”http://www.ansellchiropractic.com.au/what-we-treat/hip-leg-pain/”]
[imagebutton image=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Link-to-Low-back.jpg” text=”LOW BACK PAIN” link=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/what-we-treat/low-back-pain/”]
[imagebutton image=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Link-to-Sports.jpg” text=”SPORTS CHIROPRACTIC” link=”http://ansellchiropractic.com.au/what-we-treat/sports-chiropractic/”]